Play a MIDI file one step at a time with timing based on input notes. Each time the trigger note is received, all notes at the next "step" (or next group of notes starting at the same approximate time) will be played. Can play 16 differet patterns independently. Load MIDI files with drag and drop, or draw them in the piano roll, or record them live. Supports MIDI Program Change for selecting slots.
Note: this isn't really finished. The piano roll in particular is not that great.
- Starts/stops recording on any slots that are armed
- When checked, selecting a slot also exclusively arms it for recording.
- 1 - 16 buttons
- Ctrl-click toggles record-arming. Left click sets that number as the selected slot for editing.
- Rec Ch.
- Only notes on the selected channel will be recorded to this slot (per-slot setting).
- Trig. Key
- This note will trigger the next step in this slot. Set to -1 to learn the next input note (per-slot setting).
- Number of semitones to transpose this slot at the output (per-slot setting).
- Out Ch.
- Notes in this slot will be sent to the output on this channel (per-slot setting).
- When checked, input events will be sent through to the output, except trigger notes which are always blocked.
- Save the current pattern as a MIDI file.
Default settings / loading options
Loads default settings from "midiStep.fxb" in the same directory as the plugin. If you rename the plugin file, it will use the actual filename when looking for default settings.
Normally loads as a VST instrument with dummy audio connections, but this can be customized. Rename the plugin to have "FX" in the filename to force it to load as a VST effect, or use pizmidi.ini.